What is the price of MUTA?
Price ranges for MUTA Handpan are start from 48,000 Thai Bath.The price changes between scales, amount of notes, bottom notes. please visit scale page or contact us for more details.
** Price is not including Handpan bag, shipping fee , Paypal Transaction fee 4.4% and imported TAX fee at your country.
Can I visit studio for testing or pick up my MUTA directly in Thailand?
Yes, our home studio is based in Chonburi, Thailand (80 km. from Bangkok). You can visit us to try or pick up your Handpan. We try to stock some scales we made in our workshop so please contact us for arranging date and time.
How do I order MUTA handpan?
1. You can write us a direct email to email@example.com with your desired scale and we can see what we can do for you. Please provide these information,
• Your Name
• Your Email Address
• Shipping address.
• Your choice of scale/size/number of notes and any other requests you may have if you wish to do so. If it is a custom scale please inform every note clearly.
2. We will reply and let you know when we can start building your handpan, no deposit money needed.
3. We will contact you to confirm again before start building. The making time is +- 1 month, after everything is completed we will send you a video of your instrument or if possible you can test the real instrument to check the sound and everything before completing payment.
How long is the waiting list to order MUTA?
As MUTA are handcrafted handpan, we can carefully make only a small number of instruments each month. We also dedicate our time in research&development not only for increasing our quality but also creating new idea for the next sound sculpture. If you order MUTA now, we can start making your Handpan in around 2-3 months (update: January 2021).
We ship MUTA worldwide with EMS Thailand Post or sometimes DHL(3-10 days to arrive worldwide). We recommend to ship MUTA in Evatek hard case (Italian brand) to provide a good protection that prevent damage to your handpan.
Shipping cost ?
Within Asia – 3,000 Thai Baht
Worldwide- 4,000 Thai Baht
****Please be aware that a shipped Package will cause customs and/or VAT and/or other charges depending on your address, some details are below
Custom Duty / VAT / import tax or other charges
Customers have to pay any tax by themselves after the order arrives at their country. Our products are built in Thailand, so, if you place an order from us, normally, it means you “import musical instrument from Thailand”
Normally, after the package lands on your country, your custom will estimate your tax which base on your instrument value (we declare order value to custom), the procession calls “Custom Clearance”. They will contact you if you need pay tax (that is why we need your phone number with your address).
Some of the data for taxes and duties Germany 19 %, Japan 5%
Paypal Transaction Fee.
If you prefer to order and pay by PayPal, 4.4% transaction fee will be add to the total price, please contact us for more information.
What are the size, weight, and material of MUTA?
- Currently, the MUTA Handpan are 3 sizes,
- MUTA50 – 50 cm. inside diameter / 52 cm. outside rim / weight around 4.2 Kg.
- MUTA53 – 53 cm. inside diameter / 55 cm. outside rim / weight around 4.7 Kg.
- MUTA56 – 56 cm. inside diameter / 58 cm. outside rim / weight around 4.8 Kg.
- All MUTA are built from heat-treated Stainless steel sheet, 1.2 mm. on top shell and 1.0 or 1.2 mm. on the bottom shell. Shell are made by half hydroforming then hand sunk.
Can MUTA handpan get rust? How to take care of these delicate instruments?
Many of handpans are made from cold rolled steel sheet, usually nitrided to protect rust. Some use raw steel treated with a special coating. We need to clean this material occasionally with alcohol and apply oil to protect rust.
But all MUTA handpan are made from Stainless steel(STL), which is different from other steel, it will get rust if it NOT contact with Oxygen (air, water). So Do Not apply any oil, coating or permanent sticker on STL pan.
Same as any steel, it can get rust if contact with strong acid or alkaline matter, so we recommend to wipe the surface with microfiber cloth every time after playing, and if contact with sweat/or playing at seaside area, using clean water or alcohol to wipe off the strain will keep STL from rust.
If rust appears, you can use Stainless Steel polishing cream to wipe off the rust, follow by water.
How can I learn to play these Handpan/ sound sculptures?
Some beginner practices their skill by watching videos on Youtube. Some skillful players also have their channel /workshop for both beginner and advanced lessons. And there are also many tutorials, free and paid, to learn online and also via Skype, these are the examples;
Kabeção Rodrigues https://m.facebook.com/kabecao.handpan/
David Charrier https://masterthehandpan.teachable.com/
David Kuckhermann https://www.handpandojo.com/p/complete-handpan-dojo-bundle